Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Arizona... Fresh Start

So, I know it has been a long... really long... pathetically long time since I got on here and blogged. Part of it is due to the fact that I still don't know really what I am doing on here, second there really has not been too much that has inspired me to get on the blog and write about, and mainly I got to a point where it had been so long I just did not even know where to start. Sad I know. None of these attempt at excuses begin to make up for my lack of blogging. However, here I am in a hope to be more diligent about it. I thought what better time to start then right after a fresh move.

Let me fill you in on our new living arrangements. We had been living in Rexburg for just shy of a year. Yeah we have some good memories, but we never really enjoyed our life there. Come to find out we are NOT small town people! Who would have thought. After a short vacation in Arizona in March we realized how much Rexburg was not the place for us. So we started making plans to move there after our next child is born. Yep that is right we are expecting... a girl (90% sure...) She will be joining our family around October. Okay back to the move. Well, a month ago we decided practically overnight that we needed to see family in Oregon. So we picked up and left. We surprised everyone... what fun it was to walk in to family members and watch there face try to process what was going on.

While there Alex had some job opportunities open up. After much discussion we decided it would be better to head that way instead of staying in Idaho for the next few months. So that was the plan, head out that way in a month (the first of June.) This way we could save enough for the move to Arizona. Moving plans were in order and we started getting things in place. Because I was at the first part of my pregnancy, most of it was thrown on Alex's shoulders and he took it with great love. We planned to sell almost all of our stuff so we would not have to pay too much in moving costs. So after one weekend in garage selling land we had already made almost twice as much as we had expected.

This got us thinking... could we make it to Arizona? So a few weeks ago we decided that, whereas it might be tight and it would take a lot of faith we would do it. If it worked out then great, if not we could still go to Oregon. It is amazing to see how the Lord will direct our paths when we might be too stubborn to listen. I can not even describe how well everything has been working out. It is all falling perfectly into place. Whereas we learned a lot from our year in Rexburg it is amazing to look back and see how that is not the place we are meant to be.

After not even one week in Arizona we are loving life. We tried so hard to be optimistic in Rexburg, but now I see how really unhappy we have been for the last year. Yes we had great times that I would not trade for anything. But in less then a week we have been more happy in Arizona then the year we spent in Resburg. Alex and myself are loving being around diversity again, and civilization! Red Panda is loving that he can actually go outside now! No more snow for us again... ever. And I am just loving the heat. Yeah it might be in the 100 range but I have not been too warm yet. Actually I have been cold more times then I thought. So I know this is a huge post but there was a lot to cover in the last year. And for the time being we are just loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment